Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya will host the 2nd International Conference on Physical Activity and Sports for Health and Development in Africa (PASHDA) in September 21st -23rd 2016. The Conference Organizing Committee invites authors to submit abstracts for presentation within any of the conference sub-themes listed below. Submissions are sought for oral, symposia and poster presentation. General details of these sessions are outlined below:
Oral presentations: will be for 15 minutes long (10 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for question and answer) and accepted abstracts will be grouped by sub-theme.
Poster Presentations: will run on one particular day of the conference to provide an opportunity for delegates to view work and meet authors. Details of the poster specification will be available on the PASHDA website.
Symposia: Each symposium will run for one and a half hours and should be in line with the conference sub-themes.
Conference Over-arching Theme: Physical Activity and Sports for Health and Development in Africa (PASHDA)
- Physical Activity in the Prevention and Management of Non-Communicable Diseases
- Health and Development Through Sports, games and Active Play
- Sedentary Behavior and Changing Lifestyles
- Physical Activity for Health
- Physical Education and Sports Science in Africa
- Exercise and Fitness
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Health Promotion Through Recreation and Adventure Programmes
- Gender Issues in Physical Activity and Sports
- Ethical, Safety and Integrity Issues in Physical Activity and Sports.
- Ergogenic Aids in Physical Activity and Sports.
- Technology in Physical Activity and Sports.
- Adapted physical activity and disability sports
- Psycho-social Issues in Physical Activity and Sports
- Physical Activity and the Environment
- Injuries in Physical Activity and Sports
- Trends and Contemporary Issues in Physical Activity and Sports
Abstract submission guidelines
Abstracts should be up to 300 words, written in English and must state the main issue addressed while explaining its relevance and application to the Conferences key theme. Abstracts should contain information relating to the following:
- Key words
Click below to submit your abstract
Abstract Assessment Process
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee
- Acceptance of an Abstract will be based on the criteria outlined above.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to accept or reject an abstract.
- Notification of accepted abstracts will be sent to the authors on or before 30 June 2016
- Presentation schedule and presentation guidelines (oral, poster or symposia) will be available on or before 31 July 2016.
Deadline for submitting abstracts and symposia proposals
Abstracts and symposia proposals should be submitted on or before 30 May 2016.